Serwis Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego

flag-pol flag-eng home login logout Forum Fotoalbum Geneszukacz Parafie Geneteka Metryki Deklaracja Legiony Straty
piątek, 29 marca 2024

longpixel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat
Autor Wiadomość
Yaakov7Offline
14 Temat postu: Proszę pomocy - Nazwisko: Marchwicki  PostWysłany: 28-12-2007 - 14:42
Sympatyk

I'm looking for relatives in Poland with the surname MARCHWICKI. I have a great grandmother who was born in Poland. I would like to find out her place of birth and have more information about her family. The only information I know about her is that:

* Her name was Marja Marchwicka
* She was born IN Poland between 1884-1885
* She came to Brazil with her family about 1890-1891
* In some documents her father appears as Antoni and in others as Szymon
*Her mother was named Antonia or Antonina
* She married my great grandfather Jan Szczesny in 1903 in Curitiba- Brazil

Unfortunately, in all her papers in Brazil, she only mentioned that she was Polish and nothing else. I am trying to figure out where she was born. I have a big doubt. I've been told that, at that time (1890) Poland was divided in 3 parts. One belonged to Germany, another to Austria and the other one to Russia. For example, my great grandfather Jan Szczesny was born in Kaczanowka - Skalat powiat, Galizia, and he used to declare he was Austrian. So, I do believe my great grandmother Marja Marchwicka was from a place that remained to Poland, even at the time of Russian, Austrian and German occupation. Nowadays, most Marchwicki in Poland live in Lodz, Warsaw, Klobuck and Katowice. Could anyone give me a hint? Which of these cities could be her place of birth?

I hope someone can clear up my thoughts.

Dziekuje bardzo!

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość MSN Messenger  
Odpowiedz z cytatem Powrót do góry
Tadeusz_WysockiOffline
Temat postu: Proszę pomocy - Nazwisko: MARCHWICKI  PostWysłany: 31-12-2007 - 13:08
Członek PTG

Never give up dear Eduardo, like the best Poles in all our History, it's worth to remember you have Polish blood and genes from your ggparents Maria and Jan from Poland! Smile

I saw your previous messages, and following the cordial help of our friend Przemek from Texas, here is try of my cordial help from Masovia:

Having for now the family name of your Babcia Maria only, we must try to check the family name as deep as possible, tracing the etymology and roots, so, taking from the personal library the last etymological works from Poland "The Surname as a Cultural Value and an Ethnic Heritage" by Zofia Kaleta, IS PAN, Warsaw, 1997 ; "W Swiecie Nazw Wlasnych" by Ewa Rzetelska-Feleszko", Warsaw-Krakow, 2006, and other works, and finally the best Polish etymologist Prof. K. Rymut 's "Nazwiska Polakow Slownik Etymologiczno-Historyczny", t. II, DWN, Krakow 2001, we can tell you few words about:

The Polish surname MARCHWICKI is cognominal in orgin, derives from a person's nickname Marchewa, and a Polish language and words "marchew, marchiew, markiew, marekwia", surname MARCHWICKI is noted from old Poland from the year 1678, here is the surname location (acc to Polish suname census based by Prof. Rymut, from www.herby.com.pl):
Nazwisko Ogolna liczba Rozmieszczenie - Surname Totally Location
Marchwicki 796 Wa:84, Bs:1, By:19, Cz:9, El:1, Gd:13, Go:6, JG:7, Kl:93, Ka:49, Kn:19, Kr:31, Lg:3, Ls:18, Lu:1, Ło:4, Łd:133, NS:2, Ol:2, Op:8, Os:13, Pl:4, Po:92, Ra:2, Rz:1, Sd:47, Sr:12, Sk:2, Sł:9, Su:8, Sz:17, Tb:3, Ta:36, To:10, Wb:9, Wr:24, ZG:4
= There were 796 adults in Poland surnamed Marchwicki, and mainly from the town/area of Ld: Lodz, Kl: Kielce, Po: Poznan, ect.
=

Now it's time for the play of imagination, as in all genealogical search we have the moments where nothing can be found out with documents, and we have to try to find the exact place in old Poland with our thoughts only, yes, it must be noted that all archival databases in Europe are basing an the exact and correctly spelling place, and without it we have very small chance to find anything.
From a/m records we can estimate that your Maria's family nest, craddle was located in the central part of Poland, near the old Polish towns Lodz, Kielce, etc., and yes, this part of Poland was under Russia rules in the 19th century.

We see the exact place can't be located with a/m records, the family name is too popular, so let's try to use any other database, available on the net, for eg:
I. Poznan project with Marchwicki's: http://bindweed.man.poznan.pl/posen/search.php ; search same pls with Marchwicka.
II. EI records of the immigrants, yes, not to Brazil, but maybe other family members immigrated to the US?:
1 Marchwicki, Andreas Podlips, Galicy 33 1875 1908 view view view view view
2 Marchwicki, Andrey Poalipie, Austria
= only 2 person, and both from Podlipie?, Galicia, and also:
1 Marchwicka, Katarzyna Odessrist 25 1878 1903
III. In Poland ph directory we have abt 120 Marchwicki's very exact place of living, but also from all Poland.
IV. I will check other databases, but it needs more time.
==
Generally: Her family craddle from the very old Poland seems is central part of Poland, a/m towns area, her birth place must be located with other databases, the immigration ship manifest may be worthable to check, do you know she immigrated to Brazil directly from this part of United Europe?

Hope this helps a little with your wonderful search, good luck, Powodzenia!

With the best and happy New 2008 Year to you and all yours in Brazil,

Tadeusz
Warsaw

http://www.narodowa.pl/recepcja.htm
motto:
"Zbierać przemijające okruchy przeszłości, bo z nich teraźniejszość, przyszłość i wytłumaczenie wszystkiego" (tw)

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora  
MarszyckiOffline
Temat postu: Proszę pomocy - Nazwisko: MARCHWICKI  PostWysłany: 31-12-2007 - 15:44
Sympatyk

Panie Tadku.
Wzmiankowani sa takze jako szlachta mazowiecka herbu wlasnego.
Niech ten Pan poda jaki rejon go interesuje.Mam Marchwickich w linii babci ojca przy Florkiewiczach.To Jednak XVIII wiek w Kętach ale potem i okolice Krakowa.
Stefan

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
karol.mieczkowskiOffline
Temat postu: Proszę pomocy - Nazwisko: MARCHWICKI  PostWysłany: 31-12-2007 - 15:50
Sympatyk

eg. Stan. Marchwicki in 1928 was landowner in Brzeźno (formerly district Ostrów Mazowiecka - Czerwin, at present district Ostrołęka - Goworowo; in this place is situated neoclassical palace: http://www.photoblog.com/Mieczkowski/20 ... %29.html), this information is contained in "Księga adresowa Polski 1928" (page 121) - it's available on: http://www.wbc.poznan.pl/dlibra/docmeta ... =&dirids=1

Karol Mieczkowski

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Yaakov7Offline
10 Temat postu: RE: Proszę pomocy - Nazwisko: MARCHWICKI  PostWysłany: 31-12-2007 - 16:10
Sympatyk

Dear Mr. Wysocki,

Thank you so much for your words. I have really appreciated. You can be sure I'm very proud of my Polish blood and I won't give up. Thanks to G'd there are people like you and Mr. Kisielewski who share your knowledge and experience, giving us enthusiasm and courage in the search.

I've been for years trying to find out information about my great grandmother's family. In Brazil, her surname was mispelled in the church and notary's office as Marvitzka, Marchwitz, Marchtzk, Martinska, Marfiska. And it makes the research harder because there are other Polish families who came to Curitiba-Brazil with similar surnames as: Marchewski, Marczynski, Marchwinski. But I am sure my great grandmother's surname is MARCHWICKI because I found her wedding process at the Notary's office in Curitiba and she signed up: Marja Marchwicka.

Unfortunately we never knew if she had brothers or sisters. I do believe so. I was calculating. Marja's mother died in 1936 at the age of 95. My ggrandmother was born in 1884-85. So, it means that when Marja was born her mother was at the age of 43 or 44. Probably my ggrandmother was one of the youngest child in her family.

My ggrandmother Marja and her mother had very close friends - The Kwiatkowski (from Warszawa). Someone once told me that they had friendship since they were in Poland, but I don't know if it's true or not.

Well, Mr. Wysocki, I will follow your indications. I do hope a light will show up on the way.

May God bless you, your family and all the people in Poland.

Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!!!

Eduardo
Curitiba-Parana
Brazil

Tadeusz_WysockiOffline
Temat postu: RE: Proszę pomocy - Nazwisko: MARCHWICKI  PostWysłany: 02-01-2008 - 13:47
Członek PTG

Dear Eduardo,

Here are the next search paths for your cordial family roots search in the New 2008, to find the beloved homeland of the birth and childhood of your GGMa Maria, and all her ancestors from old Poland:

I. It would be worth to see Warsaw from the 19th century? Please check very carefully all Warsaw citizens from 1854, with the first letter M....:
http://www.przodkowie.com/warszawa/inde ... nazw&lit=m
= There are not Marchwicki's, there is the only Marchwiński: http://www.przodkowie.com/warszawa/inde ... &view=item ; and other surname versions.
With KWIATKOWSKI you have: Kwiatkowska 31 ; Kwiatkowski 53 !!

But please be careful, generally in all genealogical search "from Warsaw" may be as "from Warsaw area"

II. Do you know 'The Best Emblem of Good Will': A Polish Declaration of Admiration and Friendship for the United States of America?: Perhaps there has never been a more extraordinary gift given by one nation to another, than the 111 volumes presented to the United States by Poland on the 150th anniversary of American independence. These volumes consist of a declaration of admiration signed by an estimated 5,500,000 Polish citizens!, representing more than one-sixth of the total population of Poland in 1926!
You must know the Polish genealogists are listing all of them!! The first part of this amazing work is loaded here on this webgape of the PolTG, and here you have all 4 records with your family name given as MARCHWICKI, you can check from what school/town they were in 1926:
http://www.deklaracja.genealodzy.pl/ind ... a=nazwisko

III. Next thoughts in all 2008 Smile

With the best God's blessings to you and all yours in Brazil in all New Year,

Tadeusz Wysocki,
In the name also of PolTG - Polish Genealogical Society, Pass. No. 23.

http://www.narodowa.pl/recepcja.htm
motto:
"Zbierać przemijające okruchy przeszłości, bo z nich teraźniejszość, przyszłość i wytłumaczenie wszystkiego" (tw)

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora  
Yaakov7Offline
Temat postu: RE: Proszę pomocy - Nazwisko: MARCHWICKI  PostWysłany: 07-01-2008 - 01:12
Sympatyk

Hey Mr. Wysocki,

I apologize. I had a very busy week and couldn't reply earlier. I took a careful look at the webpages you suggested me. I got very impressed. I had never heard about the Polish Declaration to the United States before. It's such a great work.

Our city Curitiba has the second largest Polish diaspora in the world after Chicago, in the United States.

This week I will visit the Polish Consulate here, to check if my ancestors MARCHWICKI were registered in. As soon as I get an information from the Consulate in Curitiba, I will let you know.

In the name of our family, my mother and I thank you once again for trying to help us. Preserving the memory of our family means so much for us. We keep a part of Poland inside our hearts and mind. For this reason, every tip you give us from Poland is very precious

Have a nice week!

Eduardo

Yaakov7Offline
Temat postu: RE: Proszę pomocy - Nazwisko: MARCHWICKI  PostWysłany: 27-01-2008 - 22:36
Sympatyk

Dear Mr. Wysocki,

Unfortunately, my ggrandmother Marja Marchwicka is not in the polish consulate's register in Curitiba.

They said that after Polish Independence in 1918 only few people went to the Consulate to declare themselves Polish citizens.

So, I'm back to the start point. Definately, I need a miracle to find her roots.

Well, I've been thinking, is there any kind of polish white pages on-line? If there's such information on the web, I could try to search for Marchwicki and their villages in Poland. For example: (Marchwicki in Łódź, Bełchatów, villages of: Kaszewice, Parzno) If a find out that there are Marchwicki in specific villages, it would be easier to search my ggrandmother's roots.

What about Civil Records in Poland? How could I try to search for her civil register?

Do you have any idea about how to keep going on this search?

Eduardo

StashaokOffline
Temat postu: RE: Proszę pomocy - Nazwisko: MARCHWICKI  PostWysłany: 14-02-2008 - 20:32

I am searching for the "Lochka" family. They lived in Wolyn (eastern Poland) until Feb. 10,1940 when Stalin had them deported to Siberia. My Grandmother, "Maria Lochka Celinski" was born in 11/1900. My Grandfather, "Czeslaw Celinski" 11/1900. When I search I am linked here.

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Odwiedź stronę autora Adres AIM  
Skocz do:  
Wszystkie czasy w strefie GMT - 12 Godzin
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat