Serwis Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego

flag-pol flag-eng home login logout Forum Fotoalbum Geneszukacz Parafie Geneteka Metryki Deklaracja Legiony Straty
piątek, 29 marca 2024

longpixel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat
Autor Wiadomość
AnastazjaJOffline
Temat postu: 23andme  PostWysłany: 21-06-2020 - 02:28
Nieaktywny

Hello Smile, recently I did a 23andme test. I'm born in NZ, both parents Polish.
I was just thinking if it's abnormal for to have such results like mines. I know that most of my Family is from Lesser Poland but is it still I think unusual to have so many Czech (4 regions) or Hungarian traits (2 regions). Thanks for any advice.

https://imgur.com/a/fcIImWz

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Odpowiedz z cytatem Powrót do góry
PabianAusOffline
Temat postu: 23andme  PostWysłany: 21-06-2020 - 02:51
Zasłużony
Sympatyk

Not surprising given that that part of southern Poland was part of the Austrian-Hungarian empire from about 1772-1918. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galicia_(Eastern_Europe) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austria-Hungary
Today's country borders have not always been the same in history.

Tom

Olszewski_ŁukaszOffline
Temat postu: 23andme  PostWysłany: 21-06-2020 - 06:51
Sympatyk

Where your ancestors come from in Lesser Poland? Maybe we are related to each other. Smile

We have quite similar DNA results. Smile

Jaro_ChudzikOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 23-06-2020 - 08:17
Sympatyk

IMO your interpretation of the result of DNA test is not correct. There is an information, that detected profile of genotype (your main one), which dominates in LesserPoland, is also noticed in some regions of Czech and Hungary.
The best You can do is to analyze ancesry (studying matrical data, written in parish register books) of your ancestors.

AnastazjaJOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 12-07-2020 - 22:48
Nieaktywny

Jaro_Chudzik definitely you're right, especially that for example my Grandmother was born in Piwniczna, which is the border with Slovakia now, plus surnames like Bołoz or Bołaz (Mom is not sure, because it was a mess straight after the war. Almost no Jewish heritage detected, in total just 0.7%), tales about old wine routes from Hungary do Piwniczna, using words like Czech 'nohavice' which means trousers. So interesting!

Skocz do:  
Wszystkie czasy w strefie GMT - 12 Godzin
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat