Serwis Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego

flag-pol flag-eng home login logout Forum Fotoalbum Geneszukacz Parafie Geneteka Metryki Deklaracja Legiony Straty
czwartek, 28 marca 2024

longpixel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat
Autor Wiadomość
JoyBondouxOffline
Temat postu: I'm looking for my ancestries and i need your help :)  PostWysłany: 16-05-2020 - 01:57

Hi everyboy,

My name is Joy, I am a French woman who searches for her ancestors who lived in the late 1800s and early 1900s in the canton of Lviv (Lwow), and they died before 1939. They are called: Ms. Wisniowska Eudoxie and Mr. Kostiw André. I am looking for their birth / baptism / marriage or death certificates because they are my great-grandparents.

I only have the marriage certificate of their son Michel Kostiw (He was born on November 04, 1904 in Sokołówka, Powiat De Kłodzko, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland).
He married in France in 1939, in Nevers, in Burgundy (FRANCE). Michel is my great grandfather. He was naturalized French on March 18, 1949. I am also looking for all the information available on Michel Kostiw.

I don't know if these 3 ancestors are Catholic, Protestant or Jewish.

Thank you for your precious help.

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Odpowiedz z cytatem Powrót do góry
jakub.witkowskiOffline
Temat postu: PostWysłany: 16-05-2020 - 08:05
Sympatyk

Hi Joy,

do you have any idea where in the district of Lwów they may have lived?

Regards,
Jakub

JoyBondouxOffline
Temat postu: PostWysłany: 16-05-2020 - 09:07

Hi Jakub,

Unfortunately it's the only information i have about where André and Eudoxie lived. (It was written in Michel's marriage act : His parents MS Wisniowska Eudoxie and Mr Kostiw André lived in Lwol canton. I also know that Eudoxie and André died before 1939 because it's written that they are dead in Michel's marriage act too. I Also think that their 3 names may have been frenchisy but i don't know more Sad.

Maybe you know, how is it possible for me to have Michel's birth act or baptism act? 😊. (because for now it's the only one that have a precise birth place 😊.)

Thank you for reading and helping Jakub 😊.

jakub.witkowskiOffline
Temat postu: PostWysłany: 16-05-2020 - 09:32
Sympatyk

Hi again, Joy,

there's one thing that troubles me; are you sure your ancestor Michel was born in Sokołówka near Kłodzko? By 1904 it was within German jurisdiction, and I think it would have been difficult for people of Polish origin from Galicia (roughly today's western Ukraine) to move there. However, there is a village Sokołówka to the SE of Lwów. Perhaps that is the site you're looking for?

Jakub

diabolitoOffline
Temat postu: PostWysłany: 16-05-2020 - 09:56
Członek PTG

Hi,
I have the same doubts as Jakub.
But, there is Lwowek Śląski in Lower Silesia. The town is called Löwenberg in German.
Maybe you could show us the original birth and marriage certificates of Michel. This might solve the questions we have right now.

Best,
Robert

jakub.witkowskiOffline
Temat postu: PostWysłany: 16-05-2020 - 10:24
Sympatyk

Hi again,

what Robert says does make a lot of sense. The name Eudoksja and family name Kostiw (perhaps Kostów?) do ring a Ruthenic/Galician note to my ear, however. It would work best to see the original document, as Robert says.

Jakub

JoyBondouxOffline
Temat postu: PostWysłany: 16-05-2020 - 10:43

Hello,

I am communicating Michel's marriage certificate which is in French.

The only time we saw Sokołówka, Powiat De Kłodzko, Lower Silesian Voivodeship, Poland, it was on naturalization but on the family booklet of my grandmother, his wife, it is marked Sokołówka (Lwow), it it may be an error on the part of the French administration.

I do not have the birth certificate of Michel unfortunately, I seek it to have more information on andré and eudoxie.

Thanks a lot for your help Smile

Link to the marriage certificate : https://zupimages.net/up/20/20/54za.jpg

jakub.witkowskiOffline
Temat postu: PostWysłany: 16-05-2020 - 14:59
Sympatyk

I think the remark about Sokołówka near Lwów that you mention is more accurate.

You should try the following resources:
1. https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... =610368-50

Under this link (sign in required, it's free), you will find Greek Catholic parish records from Sokołówka. It seems that Roman Catholic records are available from an archive in Warsaw, but personally I have no experience with this institution. Perhaps anyone else does? As mentioned above, the names of your ancestors (Eudoksja, and the family name Kostiw) sound as though these people may have adhered to the Greek Catholic tradition. But this may not necessarily be so. Finally, please note that FamilySearch has all sorts of bugs, but don't give up if you come across one. It's literally a treasure trove.

2. There are some resources for Sokołówka in AGAD, or Archiwum Główne Akt Dawnych:
http://agadd2.home.net.pl/metrykalia/301/sygn.%201912/
http://agadd.home.net.pl/metrykalia/301 ... indeks.htm
http://agadd.home.net.pl/metrykalia/301 ... indeks.htm

Please carefully look these over, and perhaps you will come across your ancestors. Year 1904 is not available from either of the above, but maybe with some luck you can find the marriage record, or anything that could help you locate your ancestors.

There is also a remote possibility that copies of Roman Catholic acts are preserved in the Przemyśl Archdiocese Archive. Unfortunately, these are only available in person, or via hired genealogists (to my knowledge at least).

Hoping any of these will prove useful.
Good luck,
Jakub

JoyBondouxOffline
Temat postu: PostWysłany: 16-05-2020 - 15:10

Thank you very much for this reply.

Could you tell me what you put in the Familly search? The link does not work for me: /

Grazyna_GabiOffline
Temat postu: PostWysłany: 16-05-2020 - 15:16
Sympatyk

https://www.familysearch.org/search/cat ... =610368-50

Grazyna

JoyBondouxOffline
Temat postu: PostWysłany: 17-05-2020 - 19:34

Thank you for the link Grazyna Smile

Skocz do:  
Wszystkie czasy w strefie GMT - 12 Godzin
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat