Serwis Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego

flag-pol flag-eng home login logout Forum Fotoalbum Geneszukacz Parafie Geneteka Metryki Deklaracja Legiony Straty
piątek, 29 marca 2024

longpixel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat
Autor Wiadomość
lee_9876Offline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 25-10-2019 - 00:03
Sympatyk

Today I got a reply from the US CIS. They could not find anything on Bronislawa. They said they tried under her married name of "Rainis" and "Cholewa and Holewa".

I am going to send off for the marriage license tomorrow and hope they can find it since there are issues with the date. Since the first child was born in Sep 1912, I am thinking the marriage date is Jan 1912 and not the Jan 1911 on the naturalization form. They will search for it under a 3 year window so I am optimistic!

Will let you know when I get new info.

Thank you SO much for all your time and all your patience ~~

Fran

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Odpowiedz z cytatem Powrót do góry
lee_9876Offline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 05-11-2019 - 01:35
Sympatyk

To all who have been so kind to help me:

Yesterday, I posted the marriage record for Bronislawa "Cholera", as the record has it, on google icloud. Usually, her maiden name is spelled as: "Cholewa" or "Holewa".

I left the email of admin@genealodzy.pl to share and post it. I do not know if this is the email address I should have left or not. If it has not been made available, and someone can advise me as to what email address I need to leave so it can be posted on this site, I would be most appreciative.

She married John Rainis although the spelling on the marriage record is John "Rajs". It states her birthday place as "Rapka, Austria" instead of "Rapko, Poland" as it is on John's naturalization papers. It states her father's name is Aurtouey Cholera with his birthplace as Russia and her mother's maiden name as "unknown".

If any one can help with info on her family or direct me to other sources, I would be SO grateful!

THANKS!!!!!

Richard1Offline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 05-11-2019 - 14:35
Sympatyk

Witam

Mój prapradziadek Andrzej Cholewa ur. ok. 1845 r. zmarł w 1923 w Rdzawce parafia Rabka jego zona Brygida Kasperczyk u. ok. 1846 zmarła w 1898 roku w Rdzawce.
ich dzieci to:
Florian ur. ok. 1879
Stanisław ur. ok. 1880
Anna ur. 1881
Jakub ur. ok. 1885

może Bronisława to kolejne dziecko tej pary ?

Krystyna.wawOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 05-11-2019 - 17:50
Zasłużony
Sympatyk

lee_9876 napisał:

Yesterday, I posted the marriage record for Bronislawa "Cholera", as the record has it, on google icloud.

Go to www.icloud.com, login and get (copy) the link to this record.
First make the record visible to everyone.
Paste the link here.
Or ask your grandchild for help Smile

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Wyślij email  
lee_9876Offline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 17-11-2019 - 02:08
Sympatyk

The file is actually on Google Drive. Anyone who has access to the link should be able to open it. Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WfGHqL ... sp=sharing

TKS!!!

Pobłocka_ElżbietaOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 17-11-2019 - 07:19
Sympatyk

Z zapowiedzi przedślubnych wynika,
iż ojciec Bronisławy,to Antoni Cholewa.

Licencja przed ślubna 14 nov 1910
John Rajs lat 28 ur.Suwalky
Bronia Cholewa lat 24,ur.Rapka ,ojciec Antoni Cholewa
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QKJM-3XZH

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... 3AXVGT-X9C

lee_9876Offline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 20-11-2019 - 16:46
Sympatyk

YOU DID IT!

How you figured out "Smolky Russia" is really "Suwalky" is beyond us but we are SO GRATEFUL!!

When I looked it up, it is easy to see how the demarcation line between Lithuania and Russia has gone "back and forth".

I am SO impressed and SO grateful!

The Binghamton New York Courthouse, where we got the marriage record, said they could not find "Smolky" online. Now we can see why!

This is wonderful for yesterday, after a month of email requests and phone calls, I finally talked to a National Archives archivist. He did not know of any other sources I could try except the slight chance the National Archives at Kansas City might have this couple listed in their Alien "A" Files. During WWII all non-US citizens had to register with the government.

John Rainis became a citizen in 1940 so he would not have had to register. For whatever reason -- perhaps Bronislawa became a citizen through him -- or else hers is lost due to miss-spelling, I cannot find it.

It is a great free search if you or anyone has need of it.

Will continue now with this simply invaluable help of having his hometown. If I can get more info, I will get back to you.

Cannot thank you ENOUGH!!!

Fran

Skocz do:  
Wszystkie czasy w strefie GMT - 12 Godzin
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat