Serwis Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego

flag-pol flag-eng home login logout Forum Fotoalbum Geneszukacz Parafie Geneteka Metryki Deklaracja Legiony Straty
piątek, 29 marca 2024

longpixel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat
Autor Wiadomość
jossowickiOffline
22 Temat postu: Help to find ancestor from Tuchola - Kujawsko - Pomorskie  PostWysłany: 16-09-2019 - 10:56

I am trying to find out when my grandfather's grandfather's father was born. His name was Bartholomeus Ossowicki and he died 13/9 1845 - in Tuchola, Poland (or to be corret in Tuchel, Westprussia/Germany). I only know that he was about 40 years old when he died in Tuchola. I know that he got at least one son, my grandtfather's grandfather Mathias (1836-1918) and I know that he got married to Victoria Dobek in 1834 (when she was 18 years old) but I would like to know if they had more children, when he was born and who his parents were but it seems to be completely IMPOSSIBLE. Tuchola was a very small town at the time and after a big fire 1781 the majr part was burnt down (including the church), only 148 households existed in 1785 and Bartholomeus was born probably 1805-1807, his father probably 1765-1785. Maybe his parents are impossible to find any traces of - if the churchbooks were destroyed in the fire but shouldn't at east Bartholomeus birth/baptism dates exist somewhere? He might have been born somewhere else than in Tuchola though but his wife was born in Tuchola 1816. Why can¨t I see his/her children. I do see the name of the children she got in her second marriage (to Michael Lazarek) after Bartholomeus death though. I would be so greatful if somebody could help me. I have searched after this info since 20 years and still I have not given up. Maybe you have ancestors in the same area from the same time and can help/advice me. Smile

Ostatnio zmieniony przez jossowicki dnia 16-09-2019 - 13:09, w całości zmieniany 1 raz

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Odpowiedz z cytatem Powrót do góry
kirsteinOffline
Temat postu: Help to find ancestor from Tuchola - Kujawsko - Pomorskie  PostWysłany: 16-09-2019 - 12:45
Zasłużony
Sympatyk

Hi there,
I have similar problems with part of family that are from Tuchola area. I managed to find Last one born around 1830 and than no books. Though there is still possible that they were moved to Tuchola so they might be from are of Kaszuby/Kashubia.
Have a look at those two trees of Ossowski family on geni
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/ ... 1206296212
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/ ... 6053683443

I was already going few times through Tuchola church books, and I think I've downloaded version of them back home. I can do quick search, maybe I'll find any siblings of Mathias. Do You have Your tree somwhere on geni maybe?

BR
Łukasz

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Wyślij email  
jossowickiOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 16-09-2019 - 15:01

I am so pleased to see your prompt answer Lukasz! Thanks! Just to discover that we are more people having the same problem and shared/common interest in Tuchola is interesting and might be of use for us all having the same problems. I have used the GENETEKA database a lot to find out some data but a lot of data is still missing (but useful when it exists) and maybe will continue to be. I have managed to learn some polish during my effirts as well. Smile Some registers are continosly updated (don't remeber which ones right now) but very slowly. I have been adviced to go to the mormon church since they might have more info since they have microfilmed a lot of church books which are not available online. They have Family Search Centers over the whole world, I guess, also in Poland. So that is one lead I am going to check out eventually, some thursday since the Family Search Center (at least here in Gothenburg, Sweden) is open only once week, in the evening. I don't think we have any relations with the Ossowskis even if the names are similar unless there is any Ossowicki/Ossowicka in the tree of course. Sometimes there is a confusion between Ossowicki and Osowicki though (and sometimes it is just misspelt and that might sometime be the reason why you don't find what you are looking for). Not always so easy to read the handwriting I guess. The very same person can also be registered with both spellings - but you have probably the same problems. I have some record-entries in geni but not many - but I have entered some info there lately since I see that you polish people often use geni. The most data I have registered in ancestry.com / ancestry.se but I can add the most important entries/records (which are missing) if you would wish (and I should still do to be able to get matches). At the moment the oldest generations are missing. In ancestry I have hundreds of record-entries. I can also invite you to ancestry to see my whole tree. I have tried to catch the interest of the Polish Ossowickis but so far there is unfortunately not much interest. Not strange though, since it is so incredibly time consuming. I also try to sort out the Polish Ossowickis and their different branches and hope to tie our trees together some day. Bartholomeus son Mathias moved to Stettin in 1865, married Maria there in 1871, and then moved to Copenhagen in 1882 with their children. One son, Albrecht, the oldest, moved eventually to Hamburg, Germany and another son, Carl (my great grandfather) moved to Sweden (to the villiage where the world known author Astrid Lindgren grew up and who also new my grandfather since they were in the same folk dance group). These two sons are the origins of all Ossowickis in Germany and Sweden. Mathias became a stove builder in Stettin and both sons started their own stove-builder-businesses in Germany and Sweden. Smile If you have family in Tuchola since the time when it was very small, who knows, maybe we share some common roots, ha,ha. As you could see in my previous text, the newborns under a 20 years time constituted of 10 % Ossowickis - that's a LOT so I guess they are related to a big part of the Tuchola population in one way or another and most Ossowickis, maybe all, originates from this area. Thanks a lot again. I am so happy that someone answered my call for help. I would be very pleased to have some more information and sometimes a small piece of info might help to find a lot more. If you are interested in a certain person, please let me know the name since I might be able to search his/her name in the mormons microfilms when I go there next time (have been there once before). I guess I let you know more than you are interested in, ha, ha - but some info might be of use. Thanks once again! /Best regards, Jane Wink

jossowickiOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 16-09-2019 - 19:28

I don't know/understad how to insert images. I wanted to insert an image but did not understand how to do it.Maybe a link works http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php ... rdertable=

The linked picure/search result shows that there were two Bartholomeus during this actual time, one who died 1808 and my grandfather's grandafather's father who died 1945, appr 40 years old. Maybe the older one was his grandfather but it could possibly also also be his father. Smile
[/url]

Augustynowicz_KarolinaOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 16-09-2019 - 20:44
Sympatyk

To insert an image you first need to upload it to a third-party hosting service (I use imgur.com). Once you upload it there, click on it and copy the BBCode for it and paste it into your post here. Hope that helps!

jossowickiOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 16-09-2019 - 23:11

Augustynowicz_Karolina napisał:
To insert an image you first need to upload it to a third-party hosting service (I use imgur.com). Once you upload it there, click on it and copy the BBCode for it and paste it into your post here. Hope that helps!

I don't understand how to use BBCode but I appreciae your kind efforts to help me. Have never heard about it before even if I have a lot of experience but will have to try to communicate without pictures even if it would have helped. I guess it is an old homepage using old technique. Normally you only need to choose a picture. Very confusing but thanks for your try to help. I see the various choices on the top including the img choice (which I have used in html-coding) but don't understand how to use them and I see no description either. Thanks anyway! Smile BR, Jane

Robert_KosteckiOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 17-09-2019 - 16:59
Sympatyk

Witam,

Osówek (nazwa alternatywna i zwyczajowa: Ossowka, Osówko) – wieś pogranicza borowiacko-kociewskiego w powiecie starogardzkim. Dawna polska nazwa Ossówek. Wieś powstała w XIV wieku.

W Archiwum Państwowym w Gdańsku znajduje się dokument o następującej treści - „Zofia z Fulsztyna na Świeciu i Lipnie Starościna wiadomo czynię komu o tym wiedzieć będzie należało teraz i na wsze czasy potomne, że ja obmyśliwając rozszerzenie gruntów i przyczynienie zarośli w starostwie moim świeckim, zaprzedałam cztery włóki na pustym, dziedziczne Ossowko nazwany, robotnemu Łukaszowi Gąbce złotych polskich sto i z łąkami i jeziorkami, w których ma mieć wolne ryb łowienie, Rózankiem, Sumionkiem, Puciazdą, przy których chować ma bydło co chce, do tej roli ma łączki, które przeznacza się także u Starego Krza do Ławk na pograniczu, gdzie ich przeznaczenie jak, których ma zażywać wiecznemi czasy, ma wolność pszczoł, owiec chować. Piwa warzyć, chróstów na opał, drzewo do budowy w bliskości borach moich z mieszkańcami swemi, co podleżały. Będzie wolne od szarwarków. Ci dla szacunku, a my zaś dla lepszej wiary i sumienia dobrego. Przyznaliśmy, co dla lepszego potwierdzenia prawa mu to ręką własną podpiszajną i pieczęcią zapieczętowaną w Zamku Świeckim działo się dnia 13 listopada Anno 1595-tego Roku".

Powyższy przywilej "upadł", co znaczy, że w międzyczasie wieś praktycznie przestała istnieć. Starosta świecki Jan Stanisław na Jabłonowie Jabłonowski w dniu 15 maja 1698 roku, wobec upadku przywileju od przodków i po odtworzeniu utraconych dokumentów, nadał przywilej na karczmę w Osówku oraz ziemie i inne przywileje małżonkom Kazimierzowi i Jadwidze Osowickim vel Ossowickim i ich małżeńskim sukcesorom. Dokument zatwierdzony został przez króla Augusta II Mocnego w dniu 10 sierpnia 1698 roku (sygn. (Akc. Nr 151) id: 59 http://wenus.bgpan.gda.pl/Bazy/Rekopisy/).

Osowiccy vel Ossowiccy byli od wielu pokoleń związani z Osówkiem, jednak nie była to szlachta. Można przypuszczać, że jednak byli to ludzie wolni i na modłę szlachecką przybrali nazwisko od posiadanych dóbr ziemskich?!

Prof. Wł. Dworzaczek w Tekach (patrz Monografie) podaje - "Osowiccy, Ossowiccy, Osowidzcy, nie byli szlachtą".

R. Knap-Kurowski - "Osowiccy... w XIX wieku się wzbogacili (stali się np. właścicielami wójtostwa w Śremie) i zawarli szlacheckie koligacje".

Ks. St. Kujot zapiski - w 2 połowie XVII wieku odnotowano Tomasza Osowickiego, starostę cekcyńskiego rewiru bartniczego.

Pozdrawiam

Robert Kostecki

Ostatnio zmieniony przez Robert_Kostecki dnia 17-09-2019 - 17:27, w całości zmieniany 2 razy

Augustynowicz_KarolinaOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 17-09-2019 - 17:11
Sympatyk

jossowicki napisał:
I don't understand how to use BBCode but I appreciae your kind efforts to help me. Have never heard about it before even if I have a lot of experience but will have to try to communicate without pictures even if it would have helped. I guess it is an old homepage using old technique. Normally you only need to choose a picture. Very confusing but thanks for your try to help. I see the various choices on the top including the img choice (which I have used in html-coding) but don't understand how to use them and I see no description either. Thanks anyway! Smile BR, Jane

I promise it's not hard! Once you upload to imgur there's a handy-dandy BBCode option and all you have to do is hit the blue "copy" button and then paste into your post here on Genealodzy:

jossowickiOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 18-09-2019 - 02:25

Robert_Kostecki napisał:
Witam,

Osówek (nazwa alternatywna i zwyczajowa: Ossowka, Osówko) – wieś pogranicza borowiacko-kociewskiego w powiecie starogardzkim. Dawna polska nazwa Ossówek. Wieś powstała w XIV wieku.

W Archiwum Państwowym w Gdańsku znajduje się dokument o następującej treści - „Zofia z Fulsztyna na Świeciu i Lipnie Starościna wiadomo czynię komu o tym wiedzieć będzie należało teraz i na wsze czasy potomne, że ja obmyśliwając rozszerzenie gruntów i przyczynienie zarośli w starostwie moim świeckim, zaprzedałam cztery włóki na pustym, dziedziczne Ossowko nazwany, robotnemu Łukaszowi Gąbce złotych polskich sto i z łąkami i jeziorkami, w których ma mieć wolne ryb łowienie, Rózankiem, Sumionkiem, Puciazdą, przy których chować ma bydło co chce, do tej roli ma łączki, które przeznacza się także u Starego Krza do Ławk na pograniczu, gdzie ich przeznaczenie jak, których ma zażywać wiecznemi czasy, ma wolność pszczoł, owiec chować. Piwa warzyć, chróstów na opał, drzewo do budowy w bliskości borach moich z mieszkańcami swemi, co podleżały. Będzie wolne od szarwarków. Ci dla szacunku, a my zaś dla lepszej wiary i sumienia dobrego. Przyznaliśmy, co dla lepszego potwierdzenia prawa mu to ręką własną podpiszajną i pieczęcią zapieczętowaną w Zamku Świeckim działo się dnia 13 listopada Anno 1595-tego Roku".

Powyższy przywilej "upadł", co znaczy, że w międzyczasie wieś praktycznie przestała istnieć. Starosta świecki Jan Stanisław na Jabłonowie Jabłonowski w dniu 15 maja 1698 roku, wobec upadku przywileju od przodków i po odtworzeniu utraconych dokumentów, nadał przywilej na karczmę w Osówku oraz ziemie i inne przywileje małżonkom Kazimierzowi i Jadwidze Osowickim vel Ossowickim i ich małżeńskim sukcesorom. Dokument zatwierdzony został przez króla Augusta II Mocnego w dniu 10 sierpnia 1698 roku (sygn. (Akc. Nr 151) id: 59 http://wenus.bgpan.gda.pl/Bazy/Rekopisy/).

Osowiccy vel Ossowiccy byli od wielu pokoleń związani z Osówkiem, jednak nie była to szlachta. Można przypuszczać, że jednak byli to ludzie wolni i na modłę szlachecką przybrali nazwisko od posiadanych dóbr ziemskich?!

Prof. Wł. Dworzaczek w Tekach (patrz Monografie) podaje - "Osowiccy, Ossowiccy, Osowidzcy, nie byli szlachtą".

R. Knap-Kurowski - "Osowiccy... w XIX wieku się wzbogacili (stali się np. właścicielami wójtostwa w Śremie) i zawarli szlacheckie koligacje".

Ks. St. Kujot zapiski - w 2 połowie XVII wieku odnotowano Tomasza Osowickiego, starostę cekcyńskiego rewiru bartniczego.

Pozdrawiam

Robert Kostecki

Dear Robert Kostecki!
Very interesting to read. I have searched a lot of info about the Ossowickis and their past - for many years now and I have not seen this text before. I have read about the prince, Michail Ossowicki/Ossowiccy, who took the name from the place Osowek near the Belarus border and close to Smolensk and I read that he died and had no children. I also thought that this was one reason/the origin and explanation why the Ossowickis were included in the "Drucki coat of arms". There are however more than one place called Osowek/Ossowek, I know, and I have not heard about the story from this other Osowek where most Ossowickis originates from and have lived in the last centuries. I have inded been wondering about it, how the Ossowickis/Osowickis are related to Ossowek/Osowek and why they are so concentrated around this area e t c. Now I know a little more. Thanks for sharing the story! Smile Best regards, Jane Ossowicki

jossowickiOffline
Temat postu: Re: Help to find ancestor from Tuchola - Kujawsko - Pomorski  PostWysłany: 18-09-2019 - 07:37

kirstein napisał:
Hi there,
I have similar problems with part of family that are from Tuchola area. I managed to find Last one born around 1830 and than no books. Though there is still possible that they were moved to Tuchola so they might be from are of Kaszuby/Kashubia.
Have a look at those two trees of Ossowski family on geni
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/ ... 1206296212
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/ ... 6053683443

I was already going few times through Tuchola church books, and I think I've downloaded version of them back home. I can do quick search, maybe I'll find any siblings of Mathias. Do You have Your tree somwhere on geni maybe?

BR
Łukasz

I can invite you to see my big tree at ancestry.com if you tell me your email address. I don't know how to include a picture here in the forum. I have entered some few data also in GENI now, the important records. You can see them if you press the link below. I am sure of the data I have entered for Bartholomeus Ossowicki but I am not completely sure about the data regarding his parents. I have tried to interpret the picture I got from another person who tried to help me (a picture from the church book with his baptism data) but it is really difficult to read. I can send you the picture I have via mail and you can try to see if you interpret it the same way I do. The problem is mainly the poor, and blury handwriting and quality of the document/picture. I would SO MUCH appreciate your help!!! Even a small progress/step ahead in my efforts would mean a LOT! I watched you trees more thorougly and I can see that you have done a great work. Not easy to find so many people sp far back in time. I am still struggling to find the preople who only lived 00 years ago. Smile It is such a big value - knowing one's past and you ar lucky if somebody among yout relatives/family take on the tast and spend the big efforts it means to find out and map your baclkground. I don't think many understand the great work behind it. My great grandfather Carl who was born in Stettin was also very interested in taking photos which was not that common around 1900 and I have negatives in thick glass which I am now taking photograps of. It is a treasure to dig into but unfortunately I often don't know the name of the people on the photos. I have a facebook gruop though so sometimes older relatives can help me to identify the people. Here you can see some info but only a part of my tree. On the other hand it is the part which is of interest, Bartholomeus, his wife Victoria and son Mathias e t c. . Best regards, Jane https://www.geni.com/family-tree/canvas ... 6737035825 or https://www.geni.com/family-tree/canvas ... 9384763828

Ostatnio zmieniony przez jossowicki dnia 18-09-2019 - 17:32, w całości zmieniany 1 raz

jossowickiOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 18-09-2019 - 11:43

Robert_Kostecki napisał:
Witam,

Pozdrawiam

Robert Kostecki

Thanks! Very interesting to read. I know that threre is more than one place called Osowek, Ossowec e t c and the earliest info I have found is the prince Mikhail Ivanowitch Ossowicki who died in 1550 (childless) so that branch ended with him. His origin is the Ukranian princes ukrainska Michał Romanowicz and his fatherRoman Michajłowicz but I am not able to interpret the text and the relations in wikipedia and he took his second name Ossowicky from a property near Smolensk and added it to his original name. I think these early Ossowickis are the reason to why Ossowicki is the member of the Drucki coat of arms and my guess is that the Ossowickis close to Gdansk took their name from the villiage of Osowek in "Kuwajski-Pomorski". So my guess is thus that it was the Ossowickis in Belarus who were the reason why the name is part of the "Drucki/Druck/Drutsk" Coat Of Arms, because of their early activities/status in the ancient history. But the facts are vague and I hear different stories but they are all interesting and surely each one has something important to add to the whole picture. I don't understand everything even if I translate it but I underdstand enough - so thanks for your input. I also heard quite the opposite that they did not have much money but they were noble because of their actions a long time ago. Now you tell me another opposite story about other Ossowickis who were wealthy and not noble. Both sides are equally interesting. Important to receive info from different sources. Maybe a little of both is true. Thanks again. Smile

Ostatnio zmieniony przez jossowicki dnia 29-09-2019 - 21:27, w całości zmieniany 1 raz

jossowickiOffline
Temat postu: Osowek and Ossowicki  PostWysłany: 29-09-2019 - 19:00

Robert_Kostecki napisał:
Witam,

Pozdrawiam

Robert Kostecki

Read this again and it is really interesting. I had a link to wikipedia before (which I had forgot about) but with much less info. I thank you humbly for your reply and you efforts. I really wonder what happend to the Ossowickis later in Osowek but I have actually seen the existence/name of some Ossowickis from that place while I have been searching for Ossowicki. I guess that they are related to the other Ossowickis in the Tuchola area and it would be interesting to know how since I am related to them myself. So Kazimierz and Jadwiga lived at the end of 1600 and during part of the 1700. I wonder whether they got children or not. I guess so since there are later Ossowickis from this area and it is a very small place too. I saw the name of on political activist, Franciszek Ossowicki (born 22 oktober 1912) from Osowek who was put in a concentration camp and died there 1944, probably from the same family. I have also found another Kazimierz Ossowicki who lived in Osowek born 1724 and his wife whose name also happened to be Jadwiga died and who died 1785 so even if they have the same names, that Kazimierz is more likely to be a son or a grandson. This couple got at least one child with the name Michal Ossowicki (1746-1830). I also found a Jadwiga Ossowicka born 1779, in Osówek. I will for sure continue to look for more info. Best regards, Jane

Skocz do:  
Wszystkie czasy w strefie GMT - 12 Godzin
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat