Serwis Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego

flag-pol flag-eng home login logout Forum Fotoalbum Geneszukacz Parafie Geneteka Metryki Deklaracja Legiony Straty
czwartek, 28 marca 2024

longpixel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat
Autor Wiadomość
Bohacek
Temat postu: Modelska Family in Łaguny  PostWysłany: 17-09-2019 - 01:37
Sympatyk

Greetings.

I was wondering if anyone could translate the following records of my ancestors in Łaguny Mazowieckie.

Any help would be appreciated.

1810/#57/ Katarzyna/ birth

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.ph ... =1&x=0&y=0

1813/#167/Agnieszka/birth

1823/#35/Jan Modelska/death

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość Wyślij email  
Odpowiedz z cytatem Powrót do góry
Augustynowicz_KarolinaOffline
Temat postu: Re: Modelska Family in Łaguny  PostWysłany: 17-09-2019 - 14:49
Sympatyk

Bohacek napisał:

Łaguny
April 11, 1810
7:00pm

Female child, Katarzyna

Father: The Honorable [a farmer from a small town] Jan Modelski, age 40, living in Łaguny on a farm
Mother: Maryanna Lis, age 30

Witnesses
The Honorable Marcin Krokocki, 40
Paweł Janusiński, 44
both living on the farm in Łaguny

Bohacek napisał:

Łaguny
January 6, 1813
3:00am

Female child, Agnieszka

Father: The Honorable [a farmer from a small town] Jan Modelski, age 40, kopczarz [a farmer who tills the soil which is found after the clearing of forest] living in Łaguny on a farm
Mother: Maryanna Lis, age 40

Witnesses
Paweł Wojciechowski, 26
Paweł Smoliński, 40

Bohacek napisał:

Łaguny
November 20, 1823
5:00pm

Witnesses
Paweł Wojciechowski, 39, farmer
Paweł T(?)orychowski, 38, kopczarz [a farmer who tills the soil which is found after the clearing of forest]
both living in Łaguny

Death: Jan Modelski, age 34, kopczarz [a farmer who tills the soil which is found after the clearing of forest], living in Łaguny
Widow: Katarzyna, age 30 [I think her maiden name was Mikołaj but someone should double-check. It says "po Mikołaiu."]

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Bohacek
Temat postu: RE: Re: Modelska Family in Łaguny  PostWysłany: 17-09-2019 - 19:56
Sympatyk

Augustynowicz_Karolina napisał:
Bohacek napisał:

Łaguny
April 11, 1810
7:00pm

Female child, Katarzyna

Father: The Honorable [a farmer from a small town] Jan Modelski, age 40, living in Łaguny on a farm
Mother: Maryanna Lis, age 30

Witnesses
The Honorable Marcin Krokocki, 40
Paweł Janusiński, 44

Bohacek napisał:

Łaguny
January 6, 1813
3:00am

Female child, Agnieszka

Father: The Honorable [a farmer from a small town] Jan Modelski, age 40, kopczarz [a farmer who tills the soil which is found after the clearing of forest] living in Łaguny on a farm
Mother: Maryanna Lis, age 40

Witnesses
Paweł Wojciechowski, 26
Paweł Smoliński, 40

Bohacek napisał:

Łaguny
November 20, 1823
5:00pm

Witnesses
Paweł Wojciechowski, 39, farmer
Paweł T(?)orychowski, 38, kopczarz [a farmer who tills the soil which is found after the clearing of forest]
both living in Łaguny

Death: Jan Modelski, age 34, kopczarz [a farmer who tills the soil which is found after the clearing of forest], living in Łaguny
Widow: Katarzyna, age 30 [I think her maiden name was Mikołaj but someone should double-check. It says "po Mikołaiu."]
Thank you!

I do have a question and please forgive me for asking. How is it that the ages of Jan Modelski, and Maryanna Lis, don't line up with the years? Was that written wrong? Can you please clarify this?

The Modelska family related to me had another child, Antoni in 1815 in another city, so this might be another Jan Modleski. The one related to me died before Antoni's wedding in 1839.

Augustynowicz_KarolinaOffline
Temat postu: RE: Re: Modelska Family in Łaguny  PostWysłany: 18-09-2019 - 14:36
Sympatyk

I did double- and triple-check the ages because I noticed the disparity as well. My only guess is that they just didn't keep track of their ages, what year it was, etc. besides rough estimates. As for the death, I imagine that's a different Jan Modelski, maybe a son? Or perhaps this is a town with a lot of Modelskis? It would be easier to figure out if the metryka listed parents' names as they usually do, but looks like this particular priest liked to skimp on the details. I can't get too mad, though -- at least I was able to read his handwriting! Laughing

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Bohacek
Temat postu: RE: Re: Modelska Family in Łaguny  PostWysłany: 18-09-2019 - 15:07
Sympatyk

Yes, you did read the priests handwriting and did a wonderful job translating which I am very grateful for. If I were to find the wedding certificate of Jan & Maryanna I can pin point where they were from. Which I have no idea, yet , where that would be. It seems that they traveled from Laguna, to Bartniki, to Lomza, settling in Kupiski. The search continues! Again, thank you for your kindness & translations.

Skocz do:  
Wszystkie czasy w strefie GMT - 12 Godzin
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat