Serwis Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego

flag-pol flag-eng home login logout Forum Fotoalbum Geneszukacz Parafie Geneteka Metryki Deklaracja Legiony Straty
piątek, 29 marca 2024

longpixel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat
Autor Wiadomość
gsierraOffline
Temat postu: Berliner-Argentina-Treblinka  PostWysłany: 29-12-2017 - 21:29

"BERLINER-ARGENTINA-TREBLINKA"

I am an Argentine journalist and researcher. I am doing an investigation on Mr. Meir Berliner, a Polish citizen who lived several years in Argentina and also obtained Argentine citizenship who became a hero of the Jewish resistance in Treblinka.
I would like to know if you have any information about Mr. Berliner (were he born, when he lives Poland to Argentina, when he come back, etc.).
He would have been born in 1897/8, died in 1942 and could have been in the Kielce or Warsaw Ghetto.
Meir Berliner was visiting Warsaw with his wife and daughter when the Second World War broke out. Meir and his family were taken to the Ghetto and them to Treblinka death camp.
Berliner had arrived in Treblinka from Warsaw in August 1942 in one of the transports of the so called "Big Action".
“I made the acquaintance of a Jew from Warsaw named Berliner. Berliner was about forty-five years old and had lived in Argentina for years. He had served in the Argentinean army and was an Argentinean citizen”, said Abraham Krzepicki who escaped from the Treblinka death camp.
On September 11, 1942, Berliner stabbed the second commander of Treblinka, Max Biala, who dies few hours later. Berliner was killed on the spot.
The killing of Biala was one of the most popular episodes of resistance to the operation of the death camps, and has been reported by many Treblinka witnesses independent of one another. The incident is detailed in the accounts by Abraham Krzepicki, Tanhum Grinberg, Shalom Kohn, Boris Weinberg, Richard Glazar and Elias Rosenberg among others.
Thank you very much for your help.
Regards

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Odpowiedz z cytatem Powrót do góry
Skocz do:  
Wszystkie czasy w strefie GMT - 12 Godzin
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat