Serwis Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego

flag-pol flag-eng home login logout Forum Fotoalbum Geneszukacz Parafie Geneteka Metryki Deklaracja Legiony Straty
czwartek, 18 kwietnia 2024

longpixel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat
Autor Wiadomość
Sheri135Offline
Temat postu: Czarnowski Family - Radzilow/Lomza  PostWysłany: 19-07-2015 - 07:20

Hello: I'm searching for more information on the Czarnowski family from Borawski, Radzilow, Lomza. Part of the family was originally from Gdnask. Looking for more complete family records. Information is difficult to find as I do not speak Polish, sorry. I have sent off for family records from the local parish in Radzilow, but I have not heard back from them, and the state archives does not have any family information, they referred me to the local parish in Radzilow. Someone also mentioned an SAS clan, but I can not locate any information pertaining to SAS and the Czarnowski family.

Here is the information I'm seeking:

My ggGrandfather Stanislaw Czarnowski and Ewa Chylinska m: 1860? according to records online.
My gGrandmother was Marya Czarnowski b: 1887 app, her brother Konstanty Czarnowski b: 1875-1881 app. In some of the records online there are two other births listed for Stanislaw and Ewa. Jozef b: 1863 and Walerya b: 1865. I do not recognize those names and I can not locate the birth info for Marya and Konstanty. I am looking for other children that Stanislaw and Ewa might have had as well.

Stanislaw had a brother Casimar Czarnowski who married Etolia Koszlowska, there was another brother Czeslaw. I do not know the names of his other siblings, actively looking for any info and the siblings. Stanislaw's dad or grandfather was a judge. The family owned land/farm in the area and I am also searching for the land records.

Thank you so much!
Sherri

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Odpowiedz z cytatem Powrót do góry
piotr_nojszewskiOffline
Temat postu: Czarnowski Family - Radzilow/Lomza  PostWysłany: 19-07-2015 - 17:40
Zasłużony
Sympatyk

Dear Sherri,
in case of Diecezja Łomzyńska (Dioecese of Łomża) nothing is easy so don't expect too much.

The old books from Parish Radziłów are avaliable on microfilm in any Mormons Family History Center
https://familysearch.org/search/catalog ... %20Library

Big part of the record has been indexed
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php ... t&lang=pol

The state Archive Białystok Branch Łomża has following books (RC) for Radziłów

Radziłów rzymskokatolickie małżeństwa M 1895-1905 więcej
Radziłów rzymskokatolickie urodzenia B 1887-1908 więcej
Radziłów rzymskokatolickie zgony D 1886-1908 więcej

If there something more like 1867-1895 it will be in the Parish or in the Church (Diocesian) Archive in Łomża.
But the probability that they will answer your mail or letter or do a kind of search is very small.
Typicaly you have to call to check what they have and to arrange a visit.

In practice if the data is not avaliable online or indexed you need local help a friend or proffesional.

Radziłów Marriages are indexed for 1848-67 and the marriage you look for is not there

You have 2 hits in geneteka for birth
1863 77 Józef Czarnowski Stanislaw Ewa Chylinska Radziłów Miejscowość: Borawskie
1865 111 Walerya Czrnowski Stanislaw Ewa Chylinska Radziłów Miejscowość: Borawskie

Both record are in Archiwum Diecezjalne w Łomży and probably on Mormons microfilm.

Try to contact Igoriosso https://genealodzy.pl/user.php?op=userin ... =igoriosso he indexed the Parish maybe he will be able to give you the birth certificate. Or order a microfilm to your nearest FHC.

Later you can ask here for translation. Maybe it will help.

Are you sure the name was Etolia Koszlowska? And not eg Kozłowska and given name Etolia (it's extremely rare) ?

What do you mean by SAS and SAS Clan?

Sheri135Offline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 20-07-2015 - 00:46

Hi Peter,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry, appreciate your assistance. It is very possible the correct spelling for Etolia's surname is Kozlowska, my cousin was the grandaughter of Etolia so she might have the incorrect spelling. Was there a record of Etolia Kozlowska? I have looked for Casimir Czarnowski and Etolia without finding any marriage or births for the family. I know Etolia passed away in the Radzilow area about 1911. She had a son Pavel who was born in 1885.

Regarding the SAS clan question, my family was told that this branch of the Czarnowski's originally came from Gdansk, and were Kashubian nobility. I am searching for more information without much success.

The birth's that are listed Joseph 1863 and Walerya 1865, I don't know if that could be my great grandmother's brother and sister as my ggrandmother was born 1887 and my gguncle was born in 1875-1881. That seems like such a long time span to have children? But my ggrandmother's parents were Stanislaw Czarnowski and Ewa Chylinska, so am perplexed.

I will contact Igoriosso to see if can locate some type of paper trail for the family.

Thank you,
Sherri

piotr_nojszewskiOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 20-07-2015 - 01:38
Zasłużony
Sympatyk

Dear Sherrii
If Etolia died 1911 then the record is most probable in the Civil Office (USC) in Radziłów

http://radzilow.pl/pages/urzad-gminy/wy ... efonow.php

It could include age, names of parents and if you are lucky place of birth.

The place of birth could be the place of marriage.

The good place to look in Pomerania is:
http://www.ptg.gda.pl/index.php/ptgnews ... asesearch/

The name Czarnowski appears there many times.

As for the birth time difference of 24 years. Of course it is possible. I have a few cases like this.
But to verify this you need the records. It should include the info about the age of parents.

The records from 1863 will be a good starting point because - the mother should be young max in early twenties.

(BTW there was no one with name Etolia as of 1995 in Poland)

Feltynowska_GrażynaOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 20-07-2015 - 03:05
Członek Honorowy

Witam,
pozwolę się wtrącić po polsku, ponieważ nie znam angielskiego.
Sądzę, że Etolia jest jedną z wersji imienia Otylia.
Imię mojej prababci w różnych dokumentach zapisywane było jako: Otylia, Otolia, Ottillia
(parafie Sokoły, Dąbrówka Kościelna).
pozdrawiam
Grażyna

Sheri135Offline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 21-07-2015 - 00:59

Thank you Peter. I looked at the website for the civil office and I'm not sure what division would have the death records. Any suggestions?

"If Etolia died 1911 then the record is most probable in the Civil Office (USC) in Radziłów

http://radzilow.pl/pages/urzad-gminy/wy ... efonow.

It could include age, names of parents and if you are lucky place of birth.

The place of birth could be the place of marriage."

Sherri

piotr_nojszewskiOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 21-07-2015 - 08:34
Zasłużony
Sympatyk

Grażyna suggested that the name is Otylia. I think it seams reasonable.

the unit is
USC/Ewidencja ludnośći/Wojsko 86 273 65 00
Urząd Stanu Cywilnego
Poniedziałek - Piątek 7:30-10:00
10:00 -10:30 - przerwa
10:30 do 15:45

I will try give them a call Wink

piotr_nojszewskiOffline
Temat postu:   PostWysłany: 23-07-2015 - 08:39
Zasłużony
Sympatyk

Dear Sherri,
I have got the feedback from Radziłów USC.
The name is Otylia as Grazyna suggested but she died 1913 and not 1911.
The record can be obtained. Will send you Private Message.

Skocz do:  
Wszystkie czasy w strefie GMT - 12 Godzin
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat