Serwis Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego

flag-pol flag-eng home login logout Forum Fotoalbum Geneszukacz Parafie Geneteka Metryki Deklaracja Legiony Straty
czwartek, 28 marca 2024

longpixel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat
Autor Wiadomość
nico400Offline
Temat postu: Family Ziolkowski Warsaw 1939  PostWysłany: 01-02-2014 - 08:50

Can anyone offer any information on my grandfather Stanislaw Ziołkowski and my grandmother Marjanny Skorupkow who lived in Warsaw, Octota up until september 1939. My father Jozef Ziołkowski faught with the polish army in 1939 and escaped to hungary then to england. He joined the free polish army under allied command and fought with the 1st Polish Armoured Division. My father returned to scotland at the end of the war but was never able to return to poland. My father made some research with the Red Cross after the war for his family but with no success.

My father passed away in the late 1970s when i was very young and so i was unable to ask for more details. i am certain about my grandfathers name but a little less sure of the exact spelling for my grandmothers maiden name.

I have several spellings for my grandmother skorupow, skorupek , marianna and marjanny. my father never spoke much about his youth but my sister remembers his talking about his younger sister and brothers

i have very little information to help with my research. i believe that my grandparents had four children, two sons and two daughters. My father was born 7/11/1916 in Flistopada, Warsaw - Praga and was registered at SW. Michala Archaniola sw Floriana. The family may have lived in ul Mochnackiego in warsaw until 1939.

i have tried some research over the the years but have always come to a dead end. On my mothers recent death i have discovered some fragments of my fathers polish military identity card. i have already approached the military archive in warsaw and they have replied as follows:

jozef ziolkowski pelnil sluzbe w wojsku polskim w 1 pulku artylerii przeciwlotniczej im MARSZALKA EDWARDA SMIGLEGO- RYDZA w 12 baterii od 24 lutego 1938. daty zakonczenia sluzby oraz udzialu w kampanii 1939 roku centralne archiwum wojskowe nie moze potwierdzic z uwagi na brak materialow archiwalnych z tego okresu......

On the fragments of his polish military ID it shows Kanonier L 869/38 Jozef Ziolkowski and promoted to bombardier 9/2/1939 and promoted to corporal 28/7/1939.

i have already received a copy of my fathers war record from the polish section of the British ministry of defense . This shows in detail the units , training and the actions that he was involved with as part of the allied command. it also mentions my grandmother and grandfathers name, but nothing else family related.

I Then approached the Sikorski museum in London who provided me with several unit diaries that featured my father.

My real interest now is to attempt to discover a little more about his life pre 1939. As a family,we have no information,only fragments of a story.

i am struggling to find more about my grandfather, grandmother and their children. i have discovered the birth, death and marriage records for SW. Michala Archaniola sw Floriana up until 1908 at www.szukajwarchiwach.pl but unfortunately i do not speak russian or polish. Can anyone help. i feel that i am very close to a vital breakthrough after many years of frustration.

Any help with finding out what happened to his family would be greatly appreciated i do not speak polish and thus find it very difficult to proceed.

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Odpowiedz z cytatem Powrót do góry
Skocz do:  
Wszystkie czasy w strefie GMT - 12 Godzin
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat