Serwis Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego

flag-pol flag-eng home login logout Forum Fotoalbum Geneszukacz Parafie Geneteka Metryki Deklaracja Legiony Straty
piątek, 19 kwietnia 2024

longpixel

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat
Autor Wiadomość
os2hughOffline
Temat postu: 1861 Mejszagola communion list help/search  PostWysłany: 16-08-2016 - 06:51
Sympatyk

Dear Nika or whomever can help,

While skimming through the LDS microfilms I found a list from Mejszagola parish from 1861 of those apparently who received the sacrament of Holy Communion (Made their Easter Duty in 1861). I am looking for my Dowiat(t) ancestors who were from this parish.

The family patriarch Bartlomiej Dowiat died in 1839 however there should be a son Nikodem who I know was alive in 1861 because he took part in the January uprising and was exiled to Siberia. His mother Aniela (Romanowska) Dowiat (from evidence I found) was born in the early 1800's and as of 1847 was still alive, however she could have possibly passed in the years between 1848 and 1861.

So the two names to look for are Nikodem Dowiat and his mother the widow Aniela Dowiat (She is not listed as remarried as of 1847 either).

I know these lists usually have the names of the villages as headers. The two villages most likely they would have inhabited are:

Pojodzie (where the family was living in 1840 census).

Zablocie (where a number of the children were born in the 1830's).

Gierwaty (The village a daughter Julia was listed as being from in her 1859 marriage. She was 25 years old at the time)

The link:

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... at=1552054

images 758-782

To anyone who can look for me I appreciate this so much. This can greatly help me determine who was aliveand potentialy married at the time of 1861 in the Dowiat family.

Hugh

Zobacz profil autora Wyślij prywatną wiadomość  
Odpowiedz z cytatem Powrót do góry
NikaModzelewskaOffline
Temat postu: 1861 Mejszagola communion list help/search  PostWysłany: 26-08-2016 - 12:51
Sympatyk

Hugh,

I looked through the list and didn't find anyone by the name Dowiat. The writing is bad, but I am pretty sure.

What does Julia's marriage certificate say about parents? Usually it was stated in the act whether the bride/ groom's parents were living or deceased at the time of marriage.

All the best

Nika

os2hughOffline
Temat postu: thank you  PostWysłany: 27-08-2016 - 08:07
Sympatyk

Nika,

Thank you for looking, I have a feeling that the the widow Aniela Dowiat might have moved elsewhere, her daughter Julia (my direct descendant) married a man Konstanty Szymkiewicz from the neighboring Szyrwinty parish. I am begining to wonder if perhaps she moved in with one of her married children as there is so far no evidence of her remarrying.

Just have to keep looking through the available records.

Warm regards,

Hugh

Skocz do:  
Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu
Zobacz poprzedni temat Wersja gotowa do druku Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości Zobacz następny temat